Parents of children with autism, carers, those with an autism diagnosis can save £100 at this event!
Tony Attwood, Clinical Psychologist, Ph.D., and expert on autism, returns to the UK to speak to an ACAMH audience, primarily aimed at parents and those that support autistic children and young people. Additionally, we are delighted to be able to extend the reach of this event by offering it as a live stream. We anticipate this event to sell out, so urge you to book asap.
How to book
- To book click on the ‘Book now’ button above
- Call the office Mon-Fri 08.30-17.00 on 020 7403 7458
- Download our BOOKING FORM and email or post it back to us. If you prefer, for security purposes, not to fill in your card details, please complete all other details on the form and we can then we can contact you by phone for these.
About the day
The day is split into two sessions (morning & afternoon).
Managing Feelings: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to manage anxiety, sadness and anger
The presentation explains why children and adults with ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome) are more prone to have intense emotions and to develop mood disorders. The presentation also explains strategies that can help moderate and manage emotions. The Cognitive Behaviour Therapy includes affective education and cognitive restructuring, i.e. improving the understanding of emotions in yourself and others and changing the way the person perceives and responds to emotions. The concept of an emotional toolbox is used to provide a greater range of strategies to manage and repair feelings.
Cognitive Abilities: A Different Way Of Thinking And Learning Profile
The unusual profile of cognitive abilities associated with ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome) is described with an emphasis on the distinct profile of intellectual abilities, problems with executive function, flexible thinking, coping with mistakes and weak central coherence. Strategies are described to improve motivation, organisational skills and academic achievement.
Who should attend
This event should be of interest to those who support autistic children and young people.
- Parents/carers of those with autistic children
- Social care workers and leaders
- Teachers and support staff
- Youth-based service workers and leaders
- Mental Health & Health Professionals
- Commissioners of health and education service
About the speaker
Tony is an International Keynote speaker on Autism and Asperger’s, and together with his own private practice he is Adjunct Professor, Griffith University, Queensland, and a Senior Consultant at Minds and Hearts clinic, Brisbane.
He is best selling author, with sales topping 1 million, and titles translated into 28 languages. He is the author of scientific papers, and has written the primary textbook on Asperger’s syndrome, together with working with thousands of individuals with Asperger’s syndrome or an Autism Spectrum Condition.
“Tony’s talk should be rolled out to every school in the UK!”
- Parents of children with autism, carers, those with an autism diagnosis £74.00
- ACAMH member £124.00
- Non-Member £174.00
- Group booking discount – 8 or more will receive a 20% discount. Please email for details.
Those attending in person will receive lunch, together with refreshments throughout the day.
- £50 per person. Please note that each person viewing the live stream feed will need to purchase a ticket. We are offering discounts for 8 or more people who wish to watch the event as a group. Please email for details. Please note that this event will be broadcast live. It will not be repeated and live stream delegates will not have the opportunity to watch it after the event.
“I could listen to him all day”
Programme – exact times tbc
09.30 Managing Feelings: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to manage anxiety, sadness and anger – Part 1
11.00 Managing Feelings: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to manage anxiety, sadness and anger – Part 2
13.30 Cognitive Abilities: A Different Way Of Thinking And Learning Profile – Part 1
15.00 Cognitive Abilities: A Different Way Of Thinking And Learning Profile – Part 2