We are excited to be able to present Tony Attwood, Clinical Psychologist, Ph.D., and expert on autism, to an ACAMH audience, specifically aimed at professionals. Tony will be delivering two talks, the first on ‘The profile of abilities in girls and women with ASD-Level 1’, the second on ‘The diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder including ASD-Level 1’. Additionally, we are delighted to be able to extend the reach of this event by offering it as a live stream. We anticipate this event to sell out, so urge you to book asap.
“The most informative, insightful
training I have ever had…”
How to book
- To book click on the ‘Book now’ button above, 0r
- Call the office Mon-Fri 08.30-17.00 on +44 (0) 20 7403 7458, 0r
- Complete and return the Booking Form
About the day
All delegates, in-person and on the live stream will receive and ACAMH accredited CPD certificate, which will be emailed after the event.
The day is split into two sessions (morning & afternoon).
The profile of abilities in girls and women with ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome)
This presentation describes how girls and women accommodate and camouflage the characteristics of Asperger’s syndrome with examples of the life experiences of girls and women with Asperger’s syndrome. The presentation includes a description of screening tools to identify the female expression of Asperger’s syndrome. Strategies are also provided to help girls and women with Asperger’s syndrome develop friendships and relationships, cope with bullying and teasing, manage emotions, develop a positive sense of self and develop a successful career.
The diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder including ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome)
The diagnostic criteria for autism and Asperger’s syndrome are explained with an emphasis on the advantages and disadvantages of our current diagnostic criteria.
The presentation is of value to practitioners by including a script and protocol to use in a diagnostic assessment. The diagnostic procedures are applicable to children, teenagers and adults and include a DVD recording of a diagnostic assessment of a ten-year-old child with Asperger’s syndrome.
The presentation also includes the latest theories with regard to the origins of Asperger’s syndrome and autism.
Who should attend
This event should be of interest to those who support autistic children and young people.
- Clinical Practitioners
- Educational Psychologists
- Family Doctors, Nurses and GPs
- Social Care Workers and leaders
- Teachers and support staff
- Youth-based service workers and leaders
- Commissioners of health and education service
- Those working with children and young people with autism.
- ACAMH member €179.00
- Non-Member €259.00
- Group booking discount – 8 or more will receive a 20% discount. Please email for details.
Those attending in person will receive lunch, together with refreshments throughout the day.
- €99 per person. Please note that each person viewing the live stream feed will need to purchase a ticket. We are offering discounts for 8 or more people who wish to watch the event as a group. Please email for details. Please note that this event will be broadcast live. It will not be repeated and live stream delegates will not have the opportunity to watch it after the event.
NB – All prices will be converted to GBP at a rate of €1 to £0.88. Rate taken on 16/9/19 from xe.com
About the speaker
Tony is an International Keynote speaker on Autism and Asperger’s, and together with his own private practice he is Adjunct Professor, Griffith University, Queensland, and a Senior Consultant at Minds and Hearts clinic, Brisbane.
He is best selling author, with sales topping 1 million, and titles translated into 28 languages. He is the author of scientific papers, and has written the primary textbook on Asperger’s syndrome, together with working with thousands of individuals with Asperger’s syndrome or an Autism Spectrum Condition.
Programme – exact times tbc
09.30 The profile of abilities in girls and women with ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome) – Part 1
11.00 The profile of abilities in girls and women with ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome) – Part 2
13.30 Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder incl. ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome) Part 1
15.00 Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder incl. ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome) Part 2