Parents of children with autism, carers, those with an autism diagnosis can save €100 at this event!
We are honoured to have Tony Attwood, Clinical Psychologist, Ph.D., and expert on autism, speaking to an ACAMH audience, specifically aimed at parents.
Tony will be delivering two talks, the first on ‘Strategies to reduce being bullied‘, the second on ‘Special interests’.
Additionally, we are delighted to be able to extend the reach of this event by offering it as a live stream. We anticipate this event to sell out, so urge you to book asap.
How to book
- To book click on the ‘Book now’ button above, or
- Call the office Mon-Fri 08.30-17.00 on +44 (0) 20 7403 7458, or
- Complete and return the Booking Form
About the day
The day is split into two sessions (morning & afternoon).
Morning session: Strategies to reduce being bullied
Parents and teachers hope that integration with peers will be enjoyable and successful. Some children will welcome the opportunity to play or socialize with the child or adolescent with ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome). However, some children will consider the child an easy target for bullying and teasing. Children with Asperger’s syndrome are more prone to bullying and teasing in comparison to typical children. The presentation explains why children with Asperger’s syndrome are more likely to be a target and strategies to reduce incidents of bullying and teasing.
Afternoon session: Special interests
There would appear to be several stages in the development of special interests and the presentation outlines the developmental sequence and the reasons why specific interests occur as part of the overall profile of ASD-Level 1 (Asperger’s syndrome). The perspective of parents, teachers and the person with Asperger’s syndrome are explored and strategies outlined to make constructive use of the interest or to reduce the dominance of a specific interest in the person’s daily life.
Who should attend
This event should be of interest to those who support autistic children and young people.
- Parents/carers of those with autistic children
- Social care workers and leaders
- Teachers and support staff
- Youth-based service workers and leaders
- Commissioners of health and education service
About the speaker
Tony is an International Keynote speaker on Autism and Asperger’s, and together with his own private practice he is Adjunct Professor, Griffith University, Queensland, and a Senior Consultant at Minds and Hearts clinic, Brisbane.
He is best selling author, with sales topping 1 million, and titles translated into 28 languages. He is the author of scientific papers, and has written the primary textbook on Asperger’s syndrome, together with working with thousands of individuals with Asperger’s syndrome or an Autism Spectrum Condition.
“Fantastic…, would recommend to all professionals and parents”
- Parents of children with autism, carers, those with an autism diagnosis €89.00
- ACAMH member €139.00
- Non-Member €189.00
- Group booking discount – 8 or more will receive a 20% discount. Please email for details.
Those attending in person will receive lunch, together with refreshments throughout the day.
- €59 per person. Please note that each person viewing the live stream feed will need to purchase a ticket. We are offering discounts for 8 or more people who wish to watch the event as a group. Please email for details. Please note that this event will be broadcast live. It will not be repeated and live stream delegates will not have the opportunity to watch it after the event.
NB – All prices will be converted to GBP at a rate of €1 to £0.88. Rate taken on 16/9/19 from xe.com
“I could listen to him all day”
Programme – exact times tbc
09.30 Strategies to reduce being bullied Part 1
11.00 Strategies to reduce being bullied Part 2
13.30 Special interests Part 1
15.00 Special interests Part 2