Introduction to Positive Behavioral Support
8 Sep 2017
St Vincent's Centre (3 min walk from Victoria Station)
Introduction to Positive Behavioural Support
Our interactive one-day Intro Class on Positive Behavioral Support provides an overview and insights into the presentation and behavioural treatment of young people who present with Challenging Behaviours.
We will explore:
• Defining Challenging Behaviour in ID and associated risk factors associated with Challenging Behaviour
• An insight into the policy and evidence context for PBS
• Attitudes and Values, why these are important when supporting the individual using a PBS approach.
• Functional Analysis of behavioural presentations including an introduction to common tools
• Positive and Proactive Behaviour Support Planning
This class is driven by interactive learning and group exercises, and participants will be encouraged to consider the practical applications within their own day to day practice.
Delegates will walk away from the session with:
• A framework to understand and work with common behavioural presentations within intellectual disabilities
• A working understanding of 'first level' functional behavioural assessment
• An introduction to writing Positive Behaviour Support plans
• Further reading for self-directed learning.
< what's this
Add details of this event to your calendar.