Bookings are closed.
We are delighted to welcome Dr. Mark Lovell and Dr. Max Davie. with a session that will focus on ‘Medications and Physical Health’. The Chair of this session is Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian. This is the fifth, of the ‘NDC Learning Series’ aimed at health professionals who come into contact with children and young people who have Neurodevelopmental conditions (NDCs).
This ‘NDC Learning Series’ is aimed at health professionals who come into contact with children and young people who have Neurodevelopmental conditions (NDCs). The aim is to bring you into a conversation with specialists, covering what you can do in your own practice that covers their area of expertise, and how we can work together more effectively. This series of webinars is present by the ACAMH Neurodevelopmental SIG and is open to all.
- Practical tips around all aspects of NDC care
- Opportunity for case discussion with experts
- Learn how to forge and foster local partnerships across health, education, and social care, to promote better, more efficient care
- Know what the experts would like you to have done before you refer to them!
Who should attend
The audience is intended to be health professionals of any profession and seniority.
Other sessions in the series
Friday 5 November – ‘Working Together’ Sue North MBE and Georgia Harper. The Chair for this session is Dr. Max Davie. Full details are at this link.
Friday 19 November – Wellbeing, feeding and sleep Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian, Dr. Vicki Ford and Dr. Charlie Tyack. The Chair of this session is Dr. Max Davie. Full details are at this link.
Friday 26 November – Behaviour that challenges Dr. Mark Lovell and Dr. Steph Carr. The Chair of this session is Dr. Max Davie. Full details are at this link.
Friday 3 December – NDCs in schools Dr. James Galpin. The Chair of this session is Dr. Mark Lovell. Full details are at this link.
Friday 17 December – Communication and functional skills in NDCs, with Dr. Lucy Sanctuary, and Occupational Therapist Dr. Sally Payne. The Chair of this session is Dr. Mark Lovell. Full details are at this link.
About the speakers
Dr. Mark Lovell is a dual trained Consultant Child and Adolescent Learning Disability Psychiatrist working for 1 of the UK’s largest LD CAMHS teams. He works for Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust (TEWV) and covers the South Tees area along with a multidisciplinary team. Mark has previously held positions within the British Medical Association and the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He has had involvement within projects for the Royal College of Psychiatrist and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. He is a member of the Child and Adolescent Intellectual Disability Psychiatry Network (CAIDPN) and has particular interests in Autism and Challenging Behaviour within the context of Intellectual Disabilities.
Other resources from Dr. Mark Lovell via ACAMH
Talks and discussions
- (IDID A2H©) Identification of Intellectual Disabilities Framework (Children, Young People and Adults)
Dr. Max Davie is a consultant community paediatrician, working in Lambeth as part of Evelina London Community services. He has a special clinical interest in the assessment and diagnosis of neurodevelopmental conditions in school-age children. He is Officer for Health Improvement at the RCPCH, and trustee and founder of the charity ADHD UK.
Other resources from Dr. Max Davie via ACAMH
Talks and discussions
- Neurodevelopmental assessment, the basics – Dr. Max Davie
- What mental health professionals working with CYP need to know about child development – Dr. Max Davie
Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian is an Independent Practitioner and visiting Senior Lecturer at King’s College London. She is a leading expert in the assessment and treatment of mental health difficulties in ASD, in understanding cognitive pathways to anxiety in ASD, and also working with girls and women on the autism spectrum.
Other resources from Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian via ACAMH
- Episode 1 ‘Identifying Autism – getting the right diagnosis’ with Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian.
- Episode 2 ‘Discovering Strengths – how to empower your autistic child’ with Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian and Dr. Marianna Murin.
- Episode 3 ‘How autism presents differently in girls’ with Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian and Dr. Marianna Murin
- Episode 4 ‘Coronavirus, and helping children with autism’ with Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian and Dr. Marianna Murin
- Episode 5 ‘Recognising mental health issues’ with Dr. Ann Ozsivadjian
- Episode 7 ‘Tailoring Support CBT and Mindfulness’
- Episode 8 ‘Challenging Behaviour and Demand Avoidance’
Talks and discussions
- ‘OpenHouse on Autism’ – How to help schools help your autistic child
- ‘OpenHouse on Autism’ – Tackling low diagnosis for autism in girls
- ‘OpenHouse on Autism’ – It’s not a tantrum, it’s a meltdown. Creating positivity around emotions.
- ‘OpenHouse on Autism’ – Managing your child’s ‘back to school’ anxiety