About ACAMH Malta branch
To advance child and adolescent mental health through the application of research and practice
To be the leading international organisation for inter-disciplinary child and adolescent mental health research, dissemination and training
Advancing child and adolescent mental health through:
- Publication of high-impact, world-class scientific research and evidence-based practice
- Collaborative knowledge exchange of a rich and constantly developing variety of accessible and flexible material and resources, to support professional development of members and colleagues, and promote mutli-disciplinary work
- Raising standards, governance and best practice in delivery of CAMH resources and services
- Forging national and international links at all levels to access expertise and enrich understanding
- Creating value for the user
- Placing ACAMH at the centre of professional development, recognised as a key provider of effective high quality resources to support the professional CAMH community and wider audience
- advancing all matters concerning the mental health and development of children, young people and their families
- disseminating scientific research and scholarship
- interpreting research and its applicability to evidence based clinical practice
- facilitating professional development.
Through this initiative we aspire to improve clinical standards of practice in child services in Malta. We aim to do this through education and scientific research in child and adolescent mental health. We plan to focus on services which require further development locally such as perinatal and infant psychiatry. This will offer opportunities for local and foreign research to be presented in the conferences which will be organised.
Upcoming fun run – download for details