The 2019 Judy Dunn Conference focused on ‘Suicide and self-harm in young people’.
Keynote speaker Prof. Christian Schmahl, Professor of Experimental Psychology and Medical Director of the Department of Psychosomatic Medicine at the Central Institute of Mental Health in Mannheim on the ‘Neurobiology of self-harm in BPD’.
Other Free Views are:
- Dr. Trudie Roussow, Consultant Psychiatrist at the Priory Hospital and The Clinical Director at Stepping Stones Clinic, London – ‘Evidence based treatment of young people who self-harm and management of risk’
- Prof. Dr. Paul Plener, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Medical University of Vienna – ‘Epidemiology of self-harm’
- Prof. Paramala J Santosh, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, developed and heads the Centre for Interventional Paediatric Psychopharmacology and Rare Diseases ‘Mobile applications and wearable devices in assessing suicide risk’
Also presenting on the day were;
- Clare Stafford, CEO Charlie Waller Memorial Trust, ‘Breaking the Taboo – Talking about suicide’
- Dr. Dennis Ougrin, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and author of therapeutic assessment an intervention for self-harm emergency – ‘Therapeutic Assessment for Self-Harm’